Naruto: Joukaiden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Roleplay - The Heaven Chronicles

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting emails to advertise the site since 2012 - Kira Ultimate Shinobi
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Kira
Modship Requesting I_vote_lcapModship Requesting I_voting_barModship Requesting I_vote_rcap 
Madaraki Sho
Modship Requesting I_vote_lcapModship Requesting I_voting_barModship Requesting I_vote_rcap 
Scourge_Taiyo
Chibi Bob Nukem
Kamina
Shinko
Kota
Soujirou
Rukasu
[K]otorasu
Latest topics
» UzuChia Rpg 2.0 Grand Opening!
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:47 pm by Guest

» ☆ NARUTO ROLE-PLAY ;; where the magic happens!
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 am by Guest

» A KH/FF Roleplay: Broken Hourglass
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:42 pm by Guest

» I'm new here
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 am by Giketsu

» Here Is Rukasu
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm by Rukasu

» Kyoshi's change
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am by Rukasu

» Zodiac's Equipment
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm by Kamina

» Agito Nakamura
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:51 pm by Heijin

» A word of adviced for you all:
Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:39 am by Kota

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
The RPG Collection

Modship Requesting

Go down 
+6
Scourge_Taiyo
Sasha
TJCID
[K]otorasu
Kamina
Madaraki Sho
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Madaraki Sho
B-class Nukenin
B-class Nukenin
Madaraki Sho

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:31 pm

This will be a new permanent addition to the forum. Anyone may place a request here, utilizing the following template. While we will not always be looking for new mods, when we will be, you may have an entry prepared beforehand. Note: Do not post a new post if you'd like to make changes. Instead, merely edit the existing one.

Modship Request Template

Quote :
Name: (Username, not character)
Initial Site: (Did you join us at the first site? At 2.0? Jumped ships from 3.0? Or is Joukaiden your first?)
Section being requested permissions for: (What kind of mod do you want to be? Equipment? Jutsus? Clans? Village? Plot?)
Why do you want to be a moderator: (List your experiences, your reasons for applying, what you can do to help the site. Basically, convince us why to hire you. Max of three paragraphs. I won't give a minimum- Because if you couldn't already guess what a foolish amount would be, than you're probably not what we're looking for anyway.

Coding (Use it or have your post be ignored. If you can't follow our rules, how can we expect you to enforce them?)
Spoiler:

What is:

An Equipment Moderator?
An equipment moderator is, arguably, the easiest of moderation jobs. Nonetheless, even an equipment moderator faces the chance of experiencing anothers wraith for their mistakes, or supposed mistakes. What do they do? Essentially, their job is to make sure that, foremost, characters follow their skill proficiencies. A sword is an awesome weapon. It is stylish and sweet. Many would want one if given a simple choice of whether or not to have one. But if their skills don't let them, neither should you. Because of this, Equipment moderators must scout out a player's skills to ensure they do not break the rules. At the same time, they must judge the equipment isn't overpowered. This means typically being sentient, having a bunch of gizmos that make it a plasma sword, or being capable of things a blade simply cannot be. Indestructible blades, for example, is a no-no. Finally, Equipment Mods must ensure that everything fits the Naruto universe. This can be somewhat difficult, as we see shinobi using throwing knives and short-range radios. We can fairly presume that, in Naruto, there is electricity. We cannot however argue for cyborgs, despite Pein's special body. (In my opinion, it originally seemed more like a Puppet, which the anime says as well.) This can get particularly troublesome when chakra powered items come in to effect. Thus, a Mod must know the absolute restrictions- No laser shooting glasses, no jetpacks, and assuredly no guns. At the same time we can argue that Flamethrowers may be simple or high tech. Thus, how people present something should be taken into account. If it achieves the same effect without being something that would be considered odd within the time, good. Substances of foreign origins (Materials that do not as of yet exist in Naruto, such as adamantine, as everyone seems to want to be Wolverine for some reason) deserve strict scrutiny.

A Jutsu Mod?

Jutsu Mods, arguably, have the most tedious and contradicting of jobs. Why? Because despite their name, they also have to deal with skills, JP, character changes, elements, clans, godmodders, and occasionally equipment. Why? Because Jutsus are the core of the naruto world. An Uchiha without his techniques would merely be a red-eyed freak. A swordsman without Kenjutsus would be merely waving a steel stick. Thus, Jutsu Mods have some of the greatest responsibilities. They must be able to calculate numbers well, be willing to look over a large amount of information, and judge techniques well. This isn't easy folks, and considering I started my RPing approving techniques, I can say from experience that it's a pain in the ass. I enjoyed every day of it. Now, Jutsu Mods more so than others must check with each other in order to smooth out details and keep things in line. If one decision is met it should be enforced in the future so as to make one decision matter. Consistency, hard as it seems, should be striven for. However, so must they be willing to consider changing the decision, and comparing situation to situation. No, I am not asking you to remember everyone's jutsus, but keep in mind precedents when possible. Jutsu Mods need to be able to ensure skills allow techniques, and also ensure in the case of Forbidden Jutsus and Custom jutsus that they were worked for. You must also consider overlaps- Is this jutsu really a water technique, or is it an ice technique that he just make more water-like to get it approved? Can he do this? Is this genjutsu's effect too crippling for it's level? Should he be able to perform such a powerful taijutsu move without power/speed/tai levels? Why would he be able to perform this without taking damage? These kinds of questions are necessary. A Jutsu moderator must. Be. Sharp.

A Clan Moderator?

Clan moderators tend to get the least work. Clans have to be original and be looked upon with great consideration. They have a lot of work put into it and aren't edited nearly as much as Jutsu Lists. Because of this, Clan Mods may only work occasional on a clan. Clans also, even more than requests, tend to get disapproved the most. Why? Unoriginality and the concept failing to meet the standards of a Kekkai Genkai. Someone wants to be a bird man with superior fire manipulation. How do feathers and flames connect? Why is this Kekkai Genkai unique? What makes it more than just a guy with wings who has Katon? Isn't that more of a body mutation than elemental manipulation? I know you saaay your Dojutsu can do this, but Dojutsus are eye-techniques, they shouldn't be able to effect your feet. This kinds of questions must be pressed. Clans are made to be the most original, and thus tend to have different systems of organization and effects. What we need here are people that know what a Kekkai Genkai is and are less likely to pass things that go in front of them simply because it's "Passable." They should expect greater effort from individuals, unlike Jutsu Mods whom's job is merely to make sure the jutsus fit the system, Clan Moderators should strive to make sure the Kekkai Genkai is something with a greater amount of effort and originality played into it.

A Village Moderator?

There are two divisions of this, which I call Council Man and Kage Aide. A Council man is a ninja of a village whom has modship over it. In the case of Konoha, they'd have modship for the Land of fire and Konohagakure that lies within it. Village Moderators have more of a clean up and order, and to a degree RP, manage purpose. They aren't approving of parts of characters but rather are more about peace-keeping. Their job is to ensure that their own village is functional and active, providing missions and such, while at the same time ensuring that their Country is fair to others whom may reside or be passing through it. A Village Moderator has the right to give missions to ninjas other than himself as well as reward his ninjas for completing them. While it seems like a pretty easy job, Village Moderators are expected to not be swayed by friendship or simplicity. If a Ninja does a mission badly, then it should not be rewarded nearly as much as a fair complete. Nor should Village Moderators let their village bias effect their modship within their village concerning outsiders. It is also a Councilman's duty to ensure that their village remains hidden. A Kage Aide is essentially the same thing as a Council Man. Each village may only have one, and must have the approval of their Kage to be it. The Kage Aide is granted the additional allowance of character approving for Shinobi of their village.

A Plot Mod?

A Plot Mod is the newest concept of Joukaiden, which brings forth the idea of stories told not simply by Admins or Kages but by you guys- The individuals whose creativity is bursting and wishes it to spread beyond his own character. A Plot Mod is a Moderator that, more so than others, is Admin approved to run their own Arcs. Their duty is to craft together Plots for ninjas to enjoy, which tends not to involve their own characters but may assuredly have characters played by them for the purposes of the story. A Plot Mod has the allowance, as such, to bend the rules for the purposes of making a story, well, a story. They aid Admins in Running "Events", story-lines that may be short, with one-time characters, or may be prolonged into a set of different story. For those of you whom recalled the escapes of Mask, consider the same RP joy without the world ending and super villains. Events are similar to missions, save for the fact that Events tend to be more rewarding and give more than simply JP. Events also are the "Meat" between the more filler-like missions of Joukaiden. Plot Mod's duties are similar to that of a Village Mod's in that, for one, they may have control over an Area. Their duty is to judge players RPing and present situations for them to attempt (As in, yes, you may kill silly fools, bwahahahaa!) to overcome. Plot Mods may be given events to run, aiding or joining an Admin for parts, or may be given leave to run their own stories. Plot Mods are supposed to allow you guys, regardless of level, be able to create some action. It's our job as the administration to make sure that Joukaiden runs smoothly- But its your job to be able to create an exciting and creative experience for you, us, and them.

Concerning Ranks

Ranks are not a requirement for any of these modships positions. However, ranks are usually a fair estimate of a players experienced so far at RPing, and at least with Village Mod, may play in our choosing of moderators. It, however, will not stop us from picking a Genin genius.

Last edited by Shiro on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joukaiden.rpg-board.net
Madaraki Sho
B-class Nukenin
B-class Nukenin
Madaraki Sho

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:35 pm

At the moment, yes, we ARE accepting new moderators.
Back to top Go down
Kamina
C-class Nukenin
C-class Nukenin
Kamina

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Quote :
Name: Kamina
Initial Site: The original FTW (even though i was only there for a few days)
Section being requested permissions for: Equipment, clan, or Village seems to be suitable for me.
Why do you want to be a moderator:Well, being part of the Ninja Way forums, I've taken notice to how outrageous some people can be when it comes to role playing. For instance, they like to be in eight places at once, or have a certain weapon or poison that kills in seconds. whichever the case, most people didn't exactly get along with that person... often. I guess I'm applying because I need something to do in my spare time, and I'd like to keep everyone's role playing experiences as fun as possible.

After reading what I wrote, I sound like a Suck Up
Back to top Go down
[K]otorasu
Suna Chūnin
Suna Chūnin
[K]otorasu

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:42 am

Name Kotorasu
    Initial Site 2.0
    Section being requested permissions for Equipment or Jutsus [i have experience in both]
    Why do you want to be a moderator Pious as I am, I'll state it simply. I have the experience. I was one of the longest running weapon moderators of 2.0 and as for jutsus, I'm a quick study. But meh, do what you please.
Back to top Go down
TJCID
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
TJCID

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:59 am

Name: TJCID
Initial Site: 2.0, mod at 3.0
Section being requested permissions for: Plot Mod
Why do you want to be a moderator: I'm a genius when it comes to stories, I made an entire Naruto rp site that revolves entirely around a story. Did you see the history of my character, well believe it or not, but I made that up as I wrote, no prior conception. That alone should speck volumes. I translate fantasy and fiction novels for a living, I'm bound to have picked up something. And as a last argument: I don't think anyone else will pick this job, and even if they do they wouldn't do it with as much enthusiasm as me. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Sasha
Academy Student
Sasha

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Quote :
Name: Sasha
Initial Site: Joukaiden
Section being requested permissions for: Clans or Plot Mod
Why do you want to be a moderator: I have been rping for about 3 years now, mostly just random online chat rps or with my friends in school. I have organized many of the rps I had and also was pointed as a plot making for the group. I enjoy creating plots and twists that you would never imaging could happen, or something you did would but did think it can.

My style is very unique but at times I may rip something off of another show or anime. Like we all know almost every idea has been taking, but I still believe you can always add a bit of a tweak to the original idea to make it unique. I really enjoy in writing and hearing other ideas in order to help my imagination grow. As for the clan part I like to read as i said before and helping others to the best I can to get there ideas approved. Cause I know how it feel to work so hard and then have your ideas destroyed or seen as idiotic ideas.

I will not slander others but I will be very serious with my job and I will help anyone who asks for it and I will not bend the rules for anyone. Regardless if your my friend or not, I take my job and the rules very seriously and I also have a thing for realism; even tho I know this is a rping site. I still believe you can add realism to rping that will not seem as godmod if actually possible in real life events. I am always up to learn new things as well.

Example of realism: After taking a hit on the lower part of her left leg. Tami was able to use the weight of her body to fall behind cover of the near by tree, Just barely dodging the second group of kunia's thrown at her.(end)

Well that's all for me ^^
Back to top Go down
Scourge_Taiyo
Ame Genshu
Ame Genshu
Scourge_Taiyo

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Quote :
Name: Scourge_Taiyo
Initial Site: I joined at 2.0
Section being requested permissions for: Hokage Aid (Village Mod)
Why do you want to be a moderator: Now, As strange as it sounds, I do have experience modding. I have been roleplaying since I was…what Twelve? So that gives me three years of experience. Naturally during that time I had to mod at least several sites. In fact, I was a Admin once. Didn’t last long, but that was because the site died, but regardless, I know what I’m doing. Some what. With A lot of those Mod Jobs I had, all I had to do was read over posts and play as a NPC. Which isn’t that difficult, it was unusual for me to get a Mod Job where I ever approved anything, but I have had to do it before.

I’m not going to spend my time pointing out how awesome my writing is, or how amazing the plots I come up with are. Shiro, I’m sure you already have enough of that junk to sort through. The truth is that I’m human, so yes, my writing is flawed, yes my ideas are flawed as well. I’m not perfect, but I work hard, and I'd love to see you point to someone who can write perfectly, or come up with perfect, original ideas in less then a couple seconds. Cause I'd worship the ground they walked on. I’m open to correction, and I don’t lose my temper easily, and I know that I’m not God. How many times have you seen a member go Mod suddenly turn into a total ass? Ugh, I‘ve met people like that. Makes me want to beat my head against a blunt object, like a lead pipe, or a brick wall. Although I think I‘d like the wall better. *cough* I‘m going off topic huh? Sorry.

Anyway. This place needs Mods, and I‘m offering. Take it or leave it. ^^; And Ketsueki pretty much wants me to be a assistance already, but he can't approve this so WHO CARES WHAT HE THINKS :D

I had fun writting this. I really did.

Last edited by Scourge_Taiyo on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chibi Bob Nukem
Ame Jōnin
Ame Jōnin
Chibi Bob Nukem

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Quote :
Name: BobSaget
Initial Site: Not sure, I think 3.0
Section being requested permissions for: Council Man or Kage Aide of Ame, anywhere else I can be of service.
Why do you want to be a moderator: I shall start my first paragraph about myself and the log cabin I grew up in. I have almost five years of roleplay experience on a site that has come by many names, FMA.info/AnimeIndepth/AnimeRedux/TheScav, and I have helped several of the mods and admins for the past two and a half years. Basically I did part of their job for them since I was so active. I gave opinions on member problems, I gave ideas on how to improve the site, I told them if I noticed something wrong, and I brainstormed roleplay ideas with them. I did all this without rank so I really have no experience moderating with a rank, but I do flaunt my veteran status on the site sometimes

I noticed that Ame really doesn't have much when it comes to members. The only active member I've seen is Rai, I'm probably not paying enough attention, but I have noticed that the village is dead. I hope that if I help out the..."Genshu?" of the village that we could get some action going. I'm not much of a leader, but I think an Aide fits what I've been doing on my other site like a glove. So if I ease the job of the leader, and assist the village as much as I can we can get some activity going maybe.

If anyone thinks I can help elsewhere I would be more than happy to help wherever I may be needed. That also means that if you guys want some help from a guy without moderator status, I have plenty of experience in that :D
Back to top Go down
http://forums.thescav.com/index/
Soujirou
Suna Tokujō
Suna Tokujō
Soujirou

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Quote :
Name: Soujirou
Initial Site: The first Ninway
Section being requested permissions for: Jutsu and/ Equipment
Why do you want to be a moderator: My reason for applying is that I have been around for quite a while so I have seen plenty of different verdicts and have a good idea as to what will fly in either of those two territories. Not to mention the fact that it will give me something to do when I am waiting on posts for whatever topic I happen to be in. As for experiences I have moderate on various forms of Approval boards for objects such as weapons and special techniques on many different sites where I was declared a rather strict, yet fair and helpful moderator though most of them have closed down for some reason or another. One such site That I was a moderator on was Shiro's Black Grail Wars site and took my position rather seriously Taking care of as much as possible as soon as it was posted. Now as for what I can do for this site to be honest I don't know what I can do for this site that another individual can't do just as well.
Back to top Go down
Kota
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
Kota

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Quote :
Name: Rokuro
Initial Site: Naruto's Way of the Ninja 2.0
Section being requested permissions for: Village Moderator
Why do you want to be a moderator: I could sit here and type that I'm a decent choice, or rather, that I'm one of the best. All that'd do is lie, which isn't what I want to give off. Riley, Alex, Kira and Ketsueki are all very familiar with me and how I act, as well as what I do. As far as I know, I'm already in the Konohagikai group, but that doesn't make things official. Dunno why I'm even in it to be honest. Aside from that, I was a mod for Konoha three times (inactive the first time, kicked off because of Vergil/George the second time, quit the third time) and I can have a few other people state that I can get to vouch for me. I was a clan mod on 2.0 as I'm sure you three may remember, so.. yeah.

Quote :
Name: Rokuro
Initial Site: Naruto's Way of the Ninja 2.0
Section being requested permissions for: Equipment/Clan Moderator
Why do you want to be a moderator: I'm decent. I'm not going to be your best possible choice, and I'm not going to say that I'm a complete expert when it comes to either of those two sections. As far as Clan mods, though, I do have experience from 2.0, so I know what we're looking for and how to deny them. For equipment, however, I have no known experience on an NWOTN site, or any other site for that matter. But I do know the bounds of reasonableness and can help to fix up things and get that section moving faster. I'm fairly literate as it may or may not be known, so it's not like my grammar when helping people will suck. We've seen that I butt heads with the admins and the mods, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To me, it's more or less showing that I have a way of thinking that can come in handy to you guys when approving clans/equipment sets.
Back to top Go down
Madaraki Sho
B-class Nukenin
B-class Nukenin
Madaraki Sho

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Alright, recap,

Cid became Story Mod,

Kamina became Equipment,

Sasha never came back,

Taiyo can't really be Kage Aid when she's an Amegenshu...

Saget-San is not my jurisdiction,

Soujirou became a Jutsu Mod,

And Rokuro will be considered, though it would be best for his activity to remain solid for a bit. No point in giving a mod position if we don't know you'll be here for more than a brief period of time.
Back to top Go down
[K]otorasu
Suna Chūnin
Suna Chūnin
[K]otorasu

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Was I not even considered? Or do you really have a vendetta against me Jake? I'm good at being a Mod, Balancing what people want in their weapons/jutsus with what would be deemed a good "Adverse effect".

On 2.0 there were some complaints about me not cooperating with the person who was trying to get the weapon if I so recall, but that was their fault for trying to say that their weapon WASN'T overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Madaraki Sho
B-class Nukenin
B-class Nukenin
Madaraki Sho

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:08 am

Actually, I just plain missed you when reading all the names. Be skeptical if you will, but I really didn't mean to forget you.

Aaaand...

[K]oratsu...Hm...Don't feel like checking it. The reason I've never made a decision about you is I'd feel any decision I'd make would be biased. SO, Rai/Peanut/Insert Admin other than me will decide in order to prevent guilt or hate influencing the decision on your placement.
Back to top Go down
Kota
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
Kota

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:59 am

Shiro wrote:
And Rokuro will be considered, though it would be best for his activity to remain solid for a bit. No point in giving a mod position if we don't know you'll be here for more than a brief period of time.

Alrighty-then. This will explain why my activity may be feint soon.
Back to top Go down
Madaraki Sho
B-class Nukenin
B-class Nukenin
Madaraki Sho

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Noted.
Back to top Go down
Kuchiku
Ame Genin
Ame Genin
Kuchiku

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Name: Kuchiku
Initial Site: 1.0
Section being requested permissions for: Plot
Why do you want to be a moderator: I've been a request and jutsu mod, attempted a bunch of sites even thought they failed but I tried and very creative and will run all my stories by the admins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modship Requesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modship Requesting   Modship Requesting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modship Requesting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Joukaiden :: Naruto Information :: News and Updates.-
Jump to: